This message is presented by Amos Johnson Jr, PhD. He is the CEO & Pastor of Church for Entrepreneurs. God has given him a calling to help Christian Entrepreneurs succeed at their calling. He believes a fulfilled life comes from clearly knowing what God has called you to do and doing it.
Signup ► We have created 3 academies to help you discover and implement you God-given calling. | Click Here for Details
Message summary & scripture references
On the podcast today I am sharing with you seven (7) things I wish I knew before I got married. I am sharing this because a successful marriage doesn’t happen automatically it requires deliberate work to make it a success. Here are the 7 things:
- The financial cost of marriage is way more than being single
- It’s hard to reverse the debt mindset after you get married
- You must make a serious effort to fairly divide your time between your spouse and your vision
- Dating only gives you a small picture of the person you are marrying
- The Bible never gave males and females defined domestic roles
- Enjoy the time with your spouse before you have kids
- Love is not a feeling or an emotion but a commitment and act of unconditional service
Proverbs 22:7 KJV
 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
Ephesians 5:33 NLT
 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Genesis 1:26-27 KJV
 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 2:21-23 KJV
 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis 2:18 KJV
 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
John 3:16 KJV
 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Ephesians 5:25 KJV
 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
- What new land is God trying to give you
- You are worthy to succeed in your calling
- Don’t be shamed into not tithing or sowing to ministries
view | all messages
Please leave a testimony or commentComments and testimonies below are from this message and others messages on our website.